INFORMATION BEFORE THE ADMISSION TO THE CLINIC
This text will be taken into account only after your surgeon has explained you in detail the following:
- All the necessary details of the procedure which is going to undergo
- The anesthesia method
- The expected results
- The possible complications and
- The recovery time.
In preparation for surgery and depending on the surgery, you will need to do a series of laboratory tests, including:
- General blood tests
- Chest X-ray
- Other medical examinations that have been asked
THE DAY BEFORE THE SURGERY
- You must eat slightly and very early. It is not allowed the intake of food or liquids - even water - 8 hours before surgery, unless you have taken different instructions by your surgeon.
- If the surgery is going to be performed on your face and mouth, use an antiseptic solution such as PLAK-OUT three times daily after brushing teeth, until the morning of surgery.
- Wash the area to be operated with liquid soap Betadine Scrub and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing.
DO NOT FORGET
- If you need blood for the surgery, something that will have been discussed in a previous appointment with your surgeon, please confirm that the necessary amount has been given in time.
- Smoking and alcohol should be stopped one month before surgery.
- Aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs are not allowed without approval from your surgeon for one week before surgery.
- It is allowed the intake of Depon or Ponstan.
REPORT TO YOUR DOCTOR
- Any drug or pharmaceutical preparation that you have taken the week before the surgery.
- The intake of aspirin or other painkillers.
- Any kind of sickness or cold.
AFTER YOUR ADMISSION TO THE CLINIC "MITERA"
- The admission to the clinic ‘MITERA’ is done at the level "0" at the RECEIVING OFFICE.
- Do not forget to bring with you all the necessary documents.
- Following the necessary procedures, you go to your room.
- Your face must be completely clean, without any makeup and the nails without polish.
- Avoid having valuable items with you, such as watches or jewelleries.
BEFORE THE LEAVING FROM THE CLINIC
During your leaving from the clinic you should always be accompanied by a friend or a family member. You will not be allowed to leave the hospital alone, however small the surgery is.